We had the presentation of the Premier’s Reading Challenge medals today. We had a Premier’s Reading Challenge ambassador Janeen Brian come along to talk to us and help present the medals. Janeen Brian is an award winning author. You can read more about Janeen Brian and the many books she has written by following this link http://www.janeenbrian.com/index2.htm.
Below is a photo of our class with their medals. Well done 🙂
Today was Adelaide’s famous Christmas Pageant. The biggest in the southern hemisphere. Here are just a few facts about this Adelaide icon.
- The Pageant for 2011 had 63 floats, 15 bands, 10 dance groups, one DJ and three choirs.
- Over 300,000 people attended the Christmas Pageant.
- The Christmas Pageant goes through the centre of Adelaide ona 3.3km route.
- The first Pageant was in 1933.
- It took 120 artists to apply make-up to more than 1000 characters between 6:30am and 9am
- This years pageant broke a Guinness World Record for the largest gathering of people wearing red noses.
Did you go to the Christmas Pageant? If so leave a comment about your experiences of the Christmas Pageant or submit a photo or two in your own blog post.
To view a PhotoPeach display of our recent Rememberance Day Campus Assembly produced by our Campus Librarian Mrs Schenkel, click on the following link.