Last week our class voted on our class representatives for the Student Leadership Team (SLT). We first looked at the job description and personal qualities required to be an SLT member.
- Attend SLT meetings every fortnight.
- Be prepared to share the ideas and opinions of your class with the SLT.
- Report back information from the meeting to your class.
- Organise and assist with SLT activities, for example Catholic Charities day and the Campus Fair.
- Help make our school and campus a great place to be.
- Confidence to speak in front of others
- Good listening skills
- Responsibility to pass on and share information accurately
- Enjoy working with others
Those students that hadn’t been a SLT representative last year were able to nominate for the position this year. Each of the nominees were asked to give a quick 1 minute speech about the personal qualities they have and what they would bring to the job of SLT. All our nominees did a fantastic job. Our class then voted on deciding on two people (a girl and a boy) for Semester 1 and two people for Semester 2. The voting was very close and I am pleased to announce our new SLT representatives for 2011.