Parents / Carers

Welcome to our Year 3/4 Classroom Blog.

What is a blog?

Definition:

Blog/WebLog: a web page containing brief, chronologically arranged items of information. A blog can take the form of a diary, journal, what’s new page, or links to other web sites.
Peter Scott, Internet Librarian 2001

Why have we created a blog?

This blog enables us to share our learning with you, and the wider community via the internet. This blog will be our online communication with you, your children, family and friends.

The students and I will be posting content to the blog. We are all on a learning path together. Some of the students will be first time bloggers and for some it will be their second year.

As a learning tool blogging is a great opportunity for the students to create content, share, reflect on their learning, extend their knowledge and collaborate with others. Students will have the opportunity to post reports or reflections about their work. Using the internet students will have opportunities at school or at home (if internet access is available) to collaborate with their peers, and have opportunities to work with students from other classes, schools or even countries.

Blogging will enable students to have fun while improving their literacy, numeracy and ICT (Information Communication Technology) skills. It is also a great opportunity to establish early appropriate online behaviours.

What will you find?

I encourage everyone to click on everything and discover for yourself the content you can find on our blog. Most of the menu buttons on our blog are self explanatory, so we hope you enjoy exploring our classroom blog.

Blog Guidelines

The following guidelines have been established to ensure our safety while blogging.

• Students will only be identified by their first name.
  • Students will not publish personal details about themselves.
  • Student posts are checked by Mr. Baldock before they are published onto the blog.
  • All comments submitted on our blog have to be approved by Mr. Baldock before they are published on the blog.
  • When commenting remember to be respectful, supportive and polite.
  • Proofread your writing before posting or commenting. Check that you use capital letters appropriately, include full stops, write in complete sentences, check your spelling and general punctuation.

Questions?

If you have any questions about our blog or you experience any difficulties please email me

sbaldock@nativity.catholic.edu.au

11 Comments

1. I like peoples ideas and teachers ideas

By harry.

2. Alison Sellick

March 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Hi Mr B
    Hannah and I are enjoying the process of spending time together while she is researching for the SOSE project. There are so many sources of information. Today we went to Hub library. I hope to help Hannah learn that the internet is just one of many places to investigate.
    Thanks for a great start to the year. Hannah is having a great time – and it sounds like her friends are too.
    Alison

3. where do i find crazy strings

4. Deb, beat me to it!
    Well done Mr Baldock and Year 2/3 on a well prepared and informative assembly. It was great to see everyone show the different items that they had been working on and to have the projected background image to reinforce what was happening on stage.

5. well done to year2/3 Mr.B ON SUCH A WONDERFUL AND INFORMATIVE ASSEMBLY,I WAS VERY IMPRESSED ON HOW THE STUDENTS PRESENTED THEMSELVES AND SPOKE SO CLEARLY AND CONFIDENTLY!
    WELL DONR EVERYONE.

6. This comment is by Jordan’s mum Sylvia. Some of the photo’s for the competition look outstanding. Are all the photo’s taken by the students themselves? Great Blog by the way, I love seeing what everyone is doing in the class. Well done to everyone fundraising for the Sun Bears, you should all be very proud.

7. Scott,

Very impressive both from you and from all the contributors in the class. Mari is so keen to follow all the posts.

David D

8. Mr.Baldock,

I can’t get enough of this blog.

Today I wrote over ten comments on here!!!!!!

From Braydon

9. resourcecentre

August 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Fantastic, Scott! I wish I could set up a similar blog for my class but I’m only there for one day a week. I’m sure it will be well used by your students and parents alike.