Today was Adelaide’s famous Christmas Pageant. The biggest in the southern hemisphere. Here are just a few facts about this Adelaide icon.
- The Pageant for 2011 had 63 floats, 15 bands, 10 dance groups, one DJ and three choirs.
- Over 300,000 people attended the Christmas Pageant.
- The Christmas Pageant goes through the centre of Adelaide ona 3.3km route.
- The first Pageant was in 1933.
- It took 120 artists to apply make-up to more than 1000 characters between 6:30am and 9am
- This years pageant broke a Guinness World Record for the largest gathering of people wearing red noses.
Did you go to the Christmas Pageant? If so leave a comment about your experiences of the Christmas Pageant or submit a photo or two in your own blog post.